Friday, June 19, 2009

TGIF!

Hey there! How are you all doing? I'm doing great. Been a great first week on my journey to get fit!

Wow, this week just flew by...where does time go so fast to? Here is a little update on how this week is going. I know I said I'd be back Monday..sorry bout that...oops!

SR loves these workouts. I think she is surprised at just how intense a home DVD workout series can be. She is excited to see her results after the 90 days!

Eating has been super clean all week. I'm eating 5-6 meals per day, each consisting of a complex carb and a lean protein. I am making sure to include a fresh veggie with 2 of my meals each day and also a couple fruits as part of my carb counts. Also making sure to include some healthy fats in my diet every day. I am really enjoying my meals. I've give a little list on what my meals have consisted of this first week in another blog.

Monday Day 1 of 90! We started the 4 week long Burn Phase in the Chalean Extreme program. In each Weight lifting session in the burn series, you do combination moves...working both the upper and lower body at the same time. Wow, talk about extreme! You need to lift heavy so that you can fail the muscle by the time you get to the 10-12th rep.

Monday my friend SR was here bright and early and we did burn circuit one (BC1)....the first workout in Chalene's burn series. Working on lunges, squats, for the lower body and at the same time, working posterior delts, and chest for the upper body. I was really feeling the burn by the time I went to bed that evening. So was SR.

Tuesday, is a scheduled rest day from exercise for Chalean's program, but I went ahead and did a 20 minute HIIT cardio session on my recumbent bike first thing in the morning on an empty stomach...waited one hour after working out then ate clean meal 1. I love working out first thing in the morning. It just sets my mood on high for the day. It really is a mood enhancer big time.

Wednesday SR and I did our workout later in the afternoon cause she has to work super early on Wednesdays and since I wasn't working that day, I waited for her so that we could do it together. It really is so much fun having a workout partner. We high five each other after each completed set and really push each other to do our best and dig down for just a little more.
Anyways, Wednesday was Burn circuit 2 (BC2) the second weight training session in the burn series. Very tough one for sure. But we got through it and felt great afterward. This circuit works the lower body and also the biceps, triceps, and back for the upper body. Wow, this one was tougher then BC1 in my opinion.

I always have a whey protein shake as soon as I finish weight training. This day I had a yummy one. I took 1 scoop (24gms Protein) banana nut bread protein powder, 1 cup ice, 1 cup water, 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk, 1/2 banana, a handful of blueberries, 1 TBL of ground golden flax seed......delish! It's like I can just feel my muscles thanking me and absorbing all that protein. Plus it is so cool and refreshing on these hot days.

So, Thursday was the first two cardio sessions we will do this week. The workout is called Burn intervals. It is filled with 45 minutes of intense intervals to really get and keep your heart rate nice and high..burning a ton of calories during and after the workout. It's all I could do to finish it. Funny thing happened that day. Well, not actually funny...but it wasn't funny at the time, I felt like a dingbat..lol, but it is now that I think about it. Ok, I live in Arizona, and it is getting to be very warm now that we are well into June. I live in a two story house and my home gym is on the second floor and it can get a little warm upstairs during the afternoon when the sun is on the back side of the house. Anyways, when we walked into the room, it felt a little on the warm side so I went to the thermostat to turn up the air a bit so that the room would cool down a bit. Away we went....working our pattooties off. Sweating bullets and actually having to push pause to re-group and cool down just a tad before continuing. I was so hot and sweaty that I became dizzy a bit and felt a little nauseated. So, we finished BARELY..lol, and did the ab interval that follows that cardio session. So, later that day, my hubby PT got home from work and went upstairs to shower and change. Well, when he finished he came downstairs and first thing he asked me was if I was needing to borrow his glasses! LOL! He said that I had the heat just blasting upstairs! I about died! No wonder we were just dying....we thought it was cause we were working so hard..hahahahaha! I felt so silly. Don't ask me how that happened. But each day since, I have been going back and doing a double check after I lower the air conditioner before our workouts...sheesh! I felf like a total ditz!

Today..Friday was the last in the weight training Burn series. Called Burn circuit 3 or BC3. My favorite in the burn series. Working quads, hammies, calves, and shoulders. We both are so ready for a rest day. All my muscles are sore and tired. Looking forward to a total rest day.

If I don't end up working tomorrow, we'll do the second cardio session called Burn it off and then do a stretching Yoga type workout afterward called Recharge. If I do work, I'll call tomorrow my rest day and do the workout on Sunday morning. So, we'll see which it ends up being.

So, that is pretty much what will be repeated for the workouts the first 4 weeks. Then comes 4 weeks in the push phase.

Keep it clean!

~Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment