Monday, July 13, 2009

Monday's Motions

Hey there!

Well, today Me and Susan started the Push phase of the Chalean Extreme program. Got up and had 1 cup of coffee, grabbed a bottle of water, drank half of it and then hit it hard. Love, love, love the push phase. Completely different then the Burn phase in that you concentrate on only one muscle group at a time. Lifting heavy and lifting super duper SLOW! Object is to fail the muscle within 6-8 reps. Making sure to keep perfect form with each rep. With the push circuit 1...you work biceps and triceps and also gultes and hammies. I think I see some major doms in my near future..yea!

Finished the workout and another bottle of water then made a green protein smoothie to feed the muscles....ice, unsweetened original almond milk, 1 scoop of whey isolate protein powder, 2 huge handfuls of spinach, 1 frozen banana, 1 TBL each...Bee pollen, ground golden flax seeds, and wheat germ went into the blender. This is what came out. Pure green heaven! (date is wrong on my camera...doh!)



For lunch, I made a delicious sandwich. 2 toasted slices of Ezekiel bread spread with hummus then topped with sliced grilled chicken breast, slices of red and green pepper and avocado...



This afternoon, I roasted some cauliflower and broccoli following Trilby Drew's instructions. They turned out so yummy delish! First the cauliflower...before roasting...



After roasting...




Then the Broccoli...after roasting...



The two beauties together...just lovely!



I've got sweet potatoes roasting in the oven right now. I found the perfect way to roast sweet potatoes. I'll post the method I use and also pics of them tomorrow.

Hope you all had a great day today!

Keep it clean!
~Linda

5 comments:

  1. yum, I LOVE roasted broccoli and cauliflower :) they're so good!

    oh, and the hummus I had yesterday is actually one I bought! I think it's the Athenos brand?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your green smoothie looks so creamy! I haven't heard of the Chalean Extreme program before but sounds GOOD! I've heard Jillian Michaels talk about working a muscle to failure on her podcast but have never done it. Can't wait to follow your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your foodie photos always look so yummers!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! How did you get your mouth around that sandwich! Huge! Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great Linda!!LOVE the roasted veggies!

    ReplyDelete