Thursday, June 25, 2009

My Clean Eat Meals

Hi there!

Wow, can't believe week two is half over already. I've been good. Eats are clean and I've not missed a workout since starting 6/15/09. I wanted to post a sample of my daily meals to give you an idea of what I have been eating.

I work out first thing in the morning on an empty stomach very soon after rising and after downing 16 oz of water

If it is a cardio day, I wait from 1/2 to 1 hour after working out before taking in my first meal of the day. If it is a weight lifting day, I have meal 1 as soon as I finish the workout.

So here is a sample of what I have eaten for week 1

**NOTE**
Before meal 1, 3, and 5..... I take a shot of Organic ACV (Apple Cider Vinegar) and freshly squeezed LJ (Lemon Juice) with about 1/2 tsp of the zest. The ACV must include the "Mother" and be unpasturized and unfiltered, or it's garbage. Also, use juice and zest from fresh organic lemons only....no bottled lemon juice. I'll post some of the benefits of taking acv and lj shots in a different blog. I have my own lemon tree in my backyard, so no pesticides or sprays are ever used. Oh yea, and make sure to rinse your mouth out really well after downing these shots, to protect your teeth enamel.

Meal 1: Protein shake.... 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk, 1/2 cup water, 1 cup ice, 1 scoop of whey protein powder, 1 TBl ground golden flax seeds, 1/2 cup of fruit of choice. This counts as a complete meal with 1 serving of protein and 1 serving of complex carbs in the form of the fruit. After drinking the shake, I start drinking my water. I aim to get in between 100 oz to 1 gallon of pure fresh water each day.

Meal 2: Oatmeal...1/4 cup of cooked steel cut oats and 1/4 cup of cooked old fashioned oats both cooked with water then combined and then topped with 1 tsp of fresh Bee Pollen granules, 1 TBL wheat germ, and 1/2 cup of blueberries. Eggs... 4 egg whites. I usually just have hard boiled egg whites (throwing the yolks away) cause it's so much easier. But sometimes, I'll make an egg white omelet using the yolk from one of the eggs and add in sweet onions and green and red bell peppers. Again, this is a complete balanced meal containing complex carbs from the oats and fruit and lean protein from the egg whites.

Meal 3: 4 oz Grilled marinated skinless boneless chicken breast, 1/2 cup steamed brown rice with tomatoes, and a baby spinach, red onion, red and green bell peppers with homeade dressing of balsamic vinegar, 2 TBL extra virgin olive oil and sweetened with a touch of agave nectar.

Meal 4: Sweet potato/cottage cheese bowl.... Take 1/2 cup Non fat cottage cheese and put in bowl making a well in the middle. Take 1/2 of a cold baked sweet potato and place in center of cottage cheese. Top with about 1 TBL of unsweetened raisins and drizzle a little agave nectar over top. This is amazing!! Yummola!! Completely clean balanced meal here.....sweet potato and raisins are complex carbs and cottage cheese is a lean protein.

Here is this yummilicious meal....



Meal 5: 4 oz Ground Turkey burger ( ground white turkey breast, 1/8 cup smooshed black beans, grated onion and green bell pepper, sea salt and fresh ground black pepper) on 1 Ezekiel bun topped with slice of tomato, red onion and cucumber pickles, 1 cup of steamed culiflower and broccoli and a tsp of raw sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds.

I usually have a cup of hot herbal tea after meal 5 to relax me and it also helps fight those after dinner sweet cravings that I usually get about this time of the day.

Meal 6: 1/2 cup of Non fat plain yogurt or greek yogurt topped with 1/2 cup fresh berries

Until next time...

Keep it clean!

~Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment